Wednesday 13 April 2011

Sorry!

Sorry this post is late! I promised you pics a few days ago and some were supposed to appear after Sunday. Hmm.............slight problem there..........................I managed to delete them all! We had a lovely day, the weather I think was possibly the warmest it has been so far this year. The pics I took of Steve were some of the best ever!
So yesterday, I repeated the trip. But as Steve was not with me, it was not the same! The weather was not the same... it was cold, windy and at one point there was rain in the air, but fortunately it never came to much. I did have a couple of chats to some of the people I met along the way. One lady is in the process of trying to move and told me a brief story about how her Dad was torpedoed in the war. Another group of people on the next table to me in a cafe, turned out to be from Brighton, where I worked before I was married, it's a small world and SO interesting.

So, first, here are some images from yesterday (you'll have to imagine DH was there, and the sun was firstly present, secondly warm!)

Watchet
They tried for ages to get this boat into the water, but I think the tide was too low. I don't have a picture, but they did succeed.



This museum is only one tiny room, but so interesting, we visited last month when it hammered down with rain! The building also comprises a chapel, upstairs and an old police cell, which can be seen from the other end.

                              Don't you just love the natural yarn-like colours in this sea scape? 
Not the best picture, but the subject is very dear to the family's heart! We are all lovers of steam! This is the West Somerset Railway.


Another change in the weather and this was today . One of Dad's favourite local places. I know I have covered this in a previous post, but I have tried to show you some other angles today.

Glastonbury Abbey



The herb garden, where all the plants are clearly marked with their names and what their use was during the time when the medieval monks were here. This site was their cider house.


 Two pictures of the Abbot's kitchen. Designed with the tower at the top to suck the smoke from the fires, one at each of the four corners, out of the kitchen.     

                                 The monks source of cider apples. They had their own orchard.

It is still spring here and there are many beautiful flowers still in bloom. Some are cultivated, some are wild, but there are no weeds here, they are all doing their own thing!

Celandine


                              Primrose                                 
                                               
                                               

                                                                         Apple Blossom
Daisies




                                                 One Dad and his dog Billy                                                                   

             
Just a couple more images, the first one of the main arches, the second looking out to Glastonbury Parish Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment