Saturday 9 April 2011

Happy Weekend everyone!

Tomorrow's mini adventure will be a little different to the usual walks.
Last week we took a bus to a fairly local tourist destination. The weather was pretty dire, hense the lack of photos. However, during the journey, the driver told us that the Sunday service was due to end on April 10th! We could not believe it, but the local council have cut the money for public transport, so they have decided that the only way they can operate is to cut Sunday buses. The buses in the evenings are to be cut too. I feel very sorry for people who do not have access to a car, or for whatever reason, do not drive and who have relatives in hospital. They will not be able to visit in the evenings any more. There are also many people in Somerset who have been using the bus to get to and from work. I know of at least one person who will now be looking for a new job as he is now unable to travel to the village where he works in time for the beginning of his day.


I have not been idle this week, This is a picture of the bag I am knitting. As you will see, the body of it is made in one piece. You then pick up and knit stitches from the edges and from them, form the sides. These stiches then form the handle. I won the Noro Yarn a couple of years ago when I went to a Knit In Public Day.
I have now felted the bag, which has become incredibly soft and just need to line it with the fabric from the denim skirt I bought from a charity shop (cunning eh?). Hopefully I will be able to make use of the ready-made pockets.
                                                   The colours are really bright! I love it!
I have also made one and a half Baby Surprise Cardies, once again, more pictures when the sun gets up!

No comments:

Post a Comment